Getting hauled for bottom paint:
My original external voltage regulator decided to stop working during a weekend trip and caused the low oil pressure idiot light to illuminate. I thought we had a legitimate low pressure condition so we sailed back to the dock to investigate. Turns out it was the voltage regulator:
It also turns out you do not need an external voltage regulator nowadays unless you have a complex battery setup. Modern alternators have an internal voltage regulator, albeit maybe not the best place for it.
I had the automotive electrical shop put the internal voltage regulator that had once existed in my newer alternator, back in. The guy working there confirmed he had removed that very voltage regulator a few years ago, which is funny.
Removing the external voltage regulator was not hard. Sorting through all of the wires that were connected to it was a pain. Most wires got deleted, some re-routed. The alternator was reinstalled and the whole system tested. The charging voltage was 14.4V and for the first time in a long time.
The genoa was ripped along the UV strip about mid way up. Fixed with the help of UK sails.
Joel and I redid about half the interior woodwork over a long weekend. Sadly this is the only picture I took.
Sort of related:
I replaced the rusty starboard lifeline with Dyneema because it was cheaper than steel replacements. You can do it myself if you want to learn about rope splicing. I think it looks better, too.
CS Johnson hardware, left hand thread.
Locking splice and eye splice.